Having an Epson printer attached to your computer device can sometimes result in you in getting an Epson error code 0x97. Any types of printers usually have some errors to deal with. The printer device connects to your computer via a USB cable and a Bluetooth device. When it meets with an error like the code 0x97, the printer will usually stop working.
Aside from the other printer brands, like Canon and HP, Epson printers are used by many people around the world. Just like every other type of device connected to your computer, an Epson printer can experience an error. This case is also similar to the Windows Error Code 0x803F8001. The problem usually comes from the system error which then affects a specific device. In this case, the Epson printer may display an error code 0x97 and any other error codes.
If you use your Epson printer for long, you may notice several errors the device experiences over time. Usually, you can see a paper stuck in the machine or the ink does not come out of the cartridge. When it comes to technical problems like that, you can fix them easily. What makes it difficult is that an error where it affects the entire printer system. If you ever experience something like this, you should fix it immediately.
When it comes to an error code 0x97 on Epson printer, you may see a significant notification on the display screen. The error code triggers a notification message with code 0x97 which asks you to turn the power of the Epson printer off and on. Usually, your Epson printer will stop printing when an error code 0x97 occurs. Furthermore, you will not also be able to print anything from your document files due to the error that has not been fixed yet.
Table of Contents
- 1 About Epson Printer Error Code 0x97
- 2 The Causes of Epson Error Code 0x97
- 3 What You Can Do to Fix Epson Error Code 0x97
- 4 Methods to Fix Epson Error Code 0x97
- 4.1 Using Microsoft’s Printer Troubleshooter to Fix Error Code 0x97
- 4.2 Unplugging and Plugging In Printer Cable
- 4.3 The Alternative Way of Plugging and Unplugging Epson Printer
- 4.4 Disconnecting the Epson Printer and Remove the Jammed Paper
- 4.5 Removing and Reinserting Ink Cartridges
- 4.6 Using Wet Tissue to Clean the Printer
- 4.7 Updating Drivers on Your Computer
- 4.8 Cleaning the Clogged Nozzles in Your Epson Printer
- 4.9 Contacting A Hardware Technician
- 4.10 Contacting the Manufacturer of the Printer
About Epson Printer Error Code 0x97
When you see an error code 0x97 displayed on your computer screen, you must know that it requires a fix. The error code deals with the Epson printer connected to your computer. An error code 0x97 deals with the problem currently happens in your computer system. It can also be caused by hardware issues. Nevertheless, the hardware issue is not usually that serious. The problem may originate from the internal hardware instead of an overall damaged in the machine. If it comes to fixing the internal hardware problem in the printer, then you will need guidance around the technical repairing method to fix such a specific error coded problem on your Epson printer.
An Epson error code 0x97 usually displays a physical sign of a problem. You can usually see this error form the LED screen of your printer. You may not see the error code on your computer screen while the printer is off. The error code 0x97 appears when your Epson printer operates. You will get a notification with the error code 0x97 on the display when you are in the middle of printing a document. When the error code appears, your printer will not be able to continue its operation.
Most Epson users have experienced the error code 0x97 are said to use different types of models. Some of the models include Epson WF-4630, WF-3640, and WF-7610. The models of the printers are quite different from one another, yet the problem remains the same. Usually, the old Epson printer version like WF-3640 experiences errors like error code 0x97 more often than the other versions.
The Causes of Epson Error Code 0x97
Any error codes appearing on your computer screen may be a result of an error in the system. Instead of rushing to check the printer hardware, you must always make sure that the internal system does not experience any problems. Just like the “USB not recognized” error, you must always check for the error in the system first before checking for the error in the device. Most of the time, fixing the error in the system can do the job in fixing the error in an external device your computer is currently connected to.
Some of the errors may involve the malware you have no idea exist in your computer system. Usually, malware is difficult to trace if it contaminates the section deep within the system. What you can do to perform a quick fix to the error code 0x97 is to scan your computer for malware. Try to use the built-in antivirus on your computer first to scan for any harmful malware in the system. If the built-in antivirus cannot find the malware in the system, then you can use a third-party antivirus to scan the system of your computer.
Despite the big possibility of the cause of error code 0x97 revolves within the system, you must also pay attention to the printer hardware itself. You can check on the internal part of the printer and see if the cartridge is not correctly placed, the plate is dirty, or there is a paper jammed in between the roller. Once you make sure you clean out the important parts of the printer, you can try to see if the error code 0x97 stops appearing when you task your Epson printer to operate.
What You Can Do to Fix Epson Error Code 0x97
Perhaps you may see a lot of third-party programs which may help you fix the printer error like error code 0x97. Despite the promises they display to fix an error on your Epson printer, you cannot trust them. Most third-party programs you find online may not help fix the error in your Epson printer. In return, you may even get unknown files having access to your system and create some errors in the process.
Due to the unexpected nature of the error code 0x97, an Epson printer will usually stop operating. There will be no early warnings whatsoever. You will only see the error code 0x97 on the display once you start operating your Epson printer.
If you have an old Epson printer, like WF-3640, you may experience the error code 0x97 once or twice. This error code can be caused by the old system or the incompatibility of the drivers within the system. By considering the model WF-3640 of your Epson printer in regards to fixing the error code 0x97, you can try to see which one of the methods can fix the issue for you.
For a quick fix, you can always use Microsoft’s Printer Troubleshooter or plugging and unplugging the printer cable from your computer. Other than that, you can also check for the jammed paper if it disturbs the machine’s flow. You can also use the wet tissue to clean the internal hardware of your computer. If you see the clogged nozzle of your WF-3640 Epson printer, you must also clean it in order to fix the error code 0x97. In case none of the quick fixes work, you can perform the more comprehensive methods to fix the error code 0x97 on your WF-3640 or any models of your Epson printer. Take a look at the section below and see which one of the methods can fix the problem for you.
Methods to Fix Epson Error Code 0x97
In order to fix the Epson error code 0x97, you will need to consider what may cause the issue. Moreover, the WF-3640 Epson model usually deals with the issue like the older code 0x97. Some of the methods below may require certain types of adjustments, but they will not be difficult to do. Other methods may be quite easy to perform, so you can just follow the steps to get it done without worry.
Without further ado, let’s get to know more about the methods to fix the error code 0x97 below.
Using Microsoft’s Printer Troubleshooter to Fix Error Code 0x97
Just like every Windows error, you can always use a troubleshooter to fix the error code 0x97. Windows system is equipped with a general troubleshooter to fix every error in your computer. In this case, you may need to download the printer troubleshooter from the official Microsoft site to fix the issue with your Epson printer.
In order to perform this method, you can follow the steps below.
- Proceed to download the Microsoft’s printer troubleshooter first from the official Microsoft site.
- Once you get the downloaded file, you can install it on your Windows PC.
- Run the troubleshooter at once.
- Follow the instructions displayed on the screen to finish the troubleshooting process.
- If you do not know your way around your Epson printer, you can find the manual and fix the error. Usually, the user manual will direct you to fix the error code 0x97 on your Epson printer, the WF-3640 model or any others.
Unplugging and Plugging In Printer Cable
If you see the error code 0x97 happens in your computer, you must try to unplug and plug in the Epson printer. The old Epson printer model, like WF-3640, will usually meet a couple of errors along the way it operates. To fix the error code 0x97 on an Epson printer model WF-3640, you can try to unplug and plug in the cable connecting the device to the computer first. To perform this method, you can follow the steps below.
- Proceed to unplug every USB and cable which is attached to your computer.
- Then, you can open the printer casing.
- Look for any jammed papers inside and remove them if you find any.
- Afterward, you can remove the printer cartridges and save it in a safe box.
- Next, you can press the power button on your computer. The remaining current of the printer will be released from your computer.
- Proceed to plug in every single cable and USB back to your printer.
- Then, you can turn your printer back on. See if the error code 0x97 still appears once you operate the Epson printer.
The Alternative Way of Plugging and Unplugging Epson Printer
If you wish for a quick fix to the error code 0x97 regarding your Epson printer, you can always try to plug and unplug the device. Instead of replacing the internal hardware while fixing the printer issue, you can just try to perform an alternative way of unplugging and plugging the device from your computer. To do this, you can follow the steps below.
- First, you can turn off your Epson printer.
- Then, you can unplug every single cable attached to your computer.
- Afterward, you can wait for five minutes.
- Next, you can press and hold the power button for about a minute and more.
- Once the sixty seconds have passed, you can plug in the power cable back. Do this while you press the power button still.
- Press the power button for about sixty seconds and more again.
- After one minute has passed, you can release the hold of the power button of your printer.
Disconnecting the Epson Printer and Remove the Jammed Paper
To fix the error code 0x97, you can try to disconnect the printer and remove the jammed paper from the device. You can try to follow the steps below to perform this method.
- Make sure to cancel all the documents you are currently or about to print.
- Proceed to unplug every USB cable and other cables in your printer.
- Then, you can disconnect the printer from your computer too.
- Afterward, you can open the printer cover and make sure there are no jammed papers there. If there is one, you can take it out and throw it away.
- Once you finish with the jammed papers, you can replace and reinsert the cartridges into their places.
- Then, you can press the Power button to make sure no remaining residue left.
- At last, you can plug the printer’s cables back in and connect it to your computer. Try to print something and see if the error code 0x97 does not bother the printing process of your Epson printer again.
Removing and Reinserting Ink Cartridges
Whenever your Epson printer experiences an error, you must always try to remove the ink cartridges out of the device. This way, you can make sure that the ink cartridges do not cause the error. In order to remove and reinsert the cartridges properly, you can follow the steps below.
- First, you can unplug all the connected cables.
- Then, you must disconnect all the USB drives currently attached to your computer.
- Afterward, you can remove the ink cartridges.
- Then, you can press the power button on the printer to release all the remaining current.
- Wait for a while then plug in all cables, including the USB cables.
- Proceed to reinsert the printer ink cartridges back to their places.
- Then, you can turn the power of the printer back on.
- Make sure if the error code 0x97 has ceased to exist on your computer screen when you operate your Epson printer again.
Using Wet Tissue to Clean the Printer
More often than not, a printer issue usually comes from dirty internal parts. If you have used your Epson printer model WF-3640 for long, then the dirty parts may contribute to the display of error code x097. On the other hand, an old and unused printer may also experience this issue due to the improper management it has. The wasted ink around the head sprayer, the jammed papers, and the unknown elements in the printer may also contribute to the error in the device.
In order to fix the error code 0x97 on your Epson printer and your computer, you can try to clean the printer using the wet tissue. To do so, you can follow the steps below.
- Proceed to turn your Epson printer off first.
- Then, you can open the printer casing.
- Afterward, you can take one piece of wet tissue.
- Proceed to clean the internal parts of the printer. Make sure to clean the mechanic pad and parts you can see.
- Then, you can remove the wet tissue.
- Wait for a while until the parts you clean up dry.
- Afterward, you can get the printer device and parts back.
- At last, you can turn the Epson printer back on and see if the error code 0x97 ceases to appear on your Windows display screen.
Updating Drivers on Your Computer
When you experience an error in your computer system, you must try to update the drivers at once. Almost every single computer error can be traced back to the outdated drivers. An error code 0x97 is also not excluded in this case. To make sure the Epson printer, from model WF-3640 to the most recent one, does not meet the error code 0x97, you must try to find the outdated drivers within the system. Afterward, you can update each of them and see if it can fix the error.
You can try to update the driver manually. What you must do is to look for the latest version of the driver on the manufacturer’s sites. Make sure to match the compatibility of the drivers to your computer system. After you download them, you can install them. Alternatively, you can also update the drivers automatically. Without having to find the latest version of the drivers from the manufacturer sites, you can use the best driver updater. Find the one that fits your computer system and run the program to update the drivers which need to be updated. Once you update each driver which needs the updates, you can check whether or not the error code 0x97 still appears when you operate your Epson printer.
Cleaning the Clogged Nozzles in Your Epson Printer
A printer error usually comes from the clogged nozzles. Just like every other device, a printer usually has dirt which needs to be cleaned up. Cleaning the clogged nozzles can also be an effective way of managing your printer device. This way, you can make sure of the printer’s health, whether internally or externally.
In order to clean the clogged nozzles out of your Epson printer, you can follow the steps below.
- Turn off your Epson printer first.
- Then, you can unplug it from the power supply.
- Afterward, you can unplug the cable which connects your printer to your computer.
- Next, you can open the printer casing.
- Get a piece of tissue or paper towel afterward.
- Then, you can fold it up so it can fit under the printer head.
- Afterward, you can use the head cleaning fluid which has some ammonia to wet it.
- Next, you can place the wet paper towel in the middle of the track where the printer head moves.
- Then, you can move the print head to the center to make sure the ammonia-soaked towel or a piece of tissue is under it.
- Afterward, you can wait for about twelve hours.
- Once the twelve hours have passed, you can turn your Epson printer back on and check if the error code 0x97 is fixed yet.
Contacting A Hardware Technician
If you still cannot fix the error code 0x97 in regard to your Epson printer, you may need to contact a hardware technician. You can get the printer device to a service center for your printer brand or repair it to the nearest printer repair shop in your area. An expert technician usually knows his way around the printer, like Epson, no matter the model is. You can bring a WF-3640 Epson printer and the expert technician will fix the error code 0x97 once he has the chance to inspect it.
Keep in mind that having a technician fixing your printer may be more pricey than you may think. Do consider to fix the error code 0x97 by yourself before bringing the printer to the expert.
Contacting the Manufacturer of the Printer
If you still cannot fix the error code 0x97 even after performing all the methods above, then you can contact the manufacturer of your printer. In this case, you can contact Epson service center and have the people there check the device for you. The manufacturer site will also work if you are unable to go to the service center directly. You can file your complaint there and the customer service will help you get through your problem in dealing with the error code 0x97.
An Epson printer with model WF-3640 usually has more to deal with, including the error code 0x97. The old model WF-3640 of Epson can have a driver or hardware problem which may cause the error code 0x97 to happen. If you routinely use the Epson printer with WF-3640 model, you can contact the manufacturer to see how you can fix the error code 0x97.